Friday, April 27, 2007

MISSION TO KENYA!

Tonight I will be flying to Nairobi with some
of my work colleagues as part of a team
organised by a charity called 'MEAK'
(Medical & Educational Aid to Kenya).
www.meak.org

The plan is for us to take over an operating
theatre at the Kenyatta National Hospital
for a week and do the kind of 'open heart'
surgery patients there wouldn't normally
have access to. I'm part of the children's
intensive care team. I have never been to
Africa before so it will be a terrific experience
for me.

Twenty years ago I spent some time with
'YWAM' (Youth with a Mission) doing some
short term evangelistic mission; I only went to
Denmark and felt not a little admiration for
those who went further afield. In my own small
way I hope that I can make a difference this
coming week even if it is not a Christian
enterprise as such.

God Willing I'll file a report upon my return!

No comments: