Saturday, September 12, 2009



AMBIGUITY WARNING!
*
While I was away in the Lake District recently I came across this bottle of beer in a shop there and immediately thought of Dawn and what an apt gift to send on to her.
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry about the surreal 'spin' she put on the birthday card I'd sent to her. I figured God was saying 'laugh don't cry!' So today I posted this gift to her but I did take the precaution of adding a warning.......and a special offer which I hope she will take me up on. The labels I added read as follows;

*
AMBIGUITY WARNING!


It should not be inferred from this beer bottle label that I have ever participated in or approved of animal cruelty. No conclusion should be drawn from the kilted figure that I am anti-Scottish or racist. or that I condone the Highland Clearances. The gender of the animal is not intended to imply misogyny or indeed prejudice against any other engendered or transgendered sheep. Just enjoy the beer.

*
Pete.
*

ps GENUINE OFFER!
*
Sometime when you are next in London I can give you a tour of where I work and you can get to know a bit more about me.

No comments: