Wednesday, September 23, 2009


Lake District Adventure.


Most years I try to get away to do some walking in the English Lake District. I usually camp and do a series of walks over a week long period. This year I based myself at "Hillcroft" camp site near Pooley Bridge and used this as my base to do the following walks.


On Sunday 6th September I walked the length of Lake Ullswater from Pooley Bridge to Patterdale and around the south of the lake to Glenridding; I took in Hallin Fell (388m) en route. Ullswater is England's 2nd largest lake at 14.5km.


On Monday 7th I climbed "High Street" (828m) via Pasture Bottom and returned by way of Angle Tarn.


Wednesday 9th I went up "Fairfield" (873m) via St Sunday Crag and returned via Dovedale.


Thursday 10th I climbed up "Helvellyn" (950m/3,117ft) via 'Striding Edge' from Glenridding and returned by way of Nethermost Pike and Dollywaggon Pike and Grisedale.

No comments: