Saturday, January 21, 2006

Whale Watching!

Just half an hour ago I took a short
walk from my home in North Bermondsey
to the River Thames to watch our
visiting whale go by.

Earlier today after being beached at
low tide up stream it was loaded onto
a barge and is being taken down to the
estuary.

I have never seen a whale before and it
is amazing to see one in the heart of the
city! London seems to have taken it to
its heart - I was surrounded by a crowd
of other curious onlookers. I guess it is
a feel good story - let's hope that it
has a happy ending.

Posted at 16.10 hrs GMT, 21st January 2006.
-------------------------------------------------
Post Script at 20.00 hrs GMT.
The Northern Bottlenose Whale which captured
the heart of the nation is reported to have died
whilst in transit to the sea.

No comments: