Monday, October 01, 2007

AN APOCRYPHAL STORY.

2006 was my sciatica year when I was incapacitated for a few weeks with excruciating back pain. It took several months to resolve sufficiently for me to return to clinical work. I've been back at work properly for a year now but it was only few weeks ago that I discovered that there is a story about me doing the rounds from that period. It is entirely apocryphal, but I thought that it was so good I'd post it in my 'blog'.

While I was incapacitated and house bound some unctous visitor came to encourage me (so the story goes). Presumably she believed in the ennobling power of suffering because she is said to have said "I expect that God must be teaching you an awful lot through all of this!"

I am said to have replied, "Yes, how bl++dy painful a back can be!" The story is entirely apocryphal of course.... but it is what I would have said!!!

No comments: